Zip Line FAQ
How safe is it?
- All above ground adventures carry inherent risks. We have taken numerous steps to mitigate these risks. Our course meets and/or exceeds all ACCT professional building standards. Our guides are trained and certified by ACCT accredited trainers. All course elements are inspected daily. Personal Protective Equipment is inspected before and after each use.
What to bring?
- All Zip Line equipment will be provided. (Harness, Helmet, and Gloves)
- All pockets must be emptied or zipped. (lockers available for storage)
- Toques, hoods, or ball caps can be worn under the helmets.
- You may bring a camera. Please have a closeable pocket or a way that we can attach it to your harness.
- You may bring water bottles. We can attach it to your harness.
How should I dress?
- Wear closed toe shoes suitable for walking.
- Good fitting clothes (no scarves or dangling jewelry).
- Long hair needs to be tied back.
- Do not wear skirts.
- Pants or long shorts are preferred. They make the harness more comfortable.
- “Short” shorts are not recommended.
- Dress for the weather forecasted. We operate in all weather conditions.
- Be prepared for rain; bring rain gear which will be worn under the harness.
How many people are in a tour?
- Our tours have a minimum of 2 people to a maximum of 8 to 10 participants.
- There are always 2 zip line guides per tour.
- If you come with less than 8 people, you will be teamed up with other adventure seekers!
Is there an age limit?
- We use 10 years old as a guide line. The minimum a participant can weigh is 70lbs.
- Every participant, regardless of age, must be able to demonstrate and execute the skills required to zip line during the “ground school” training session.
- If you cannot demonstrate those skills successfully, you will be asked to leave the tour for your own safety.
What is the weight limit of the Zip Line Tour?
- Our Zip Line Tour is calibrated to operate between 70 and 250lbs.
- We do not accept participants outside of this weight range.
When is the Zip Line Open?
- We are open: June – October
- We have a variety of times available.
If it is raining, will the tour still operate?
- Tours operate rain or shine.
- Please be sure to check the weather prior to your departure and dress appropriately.
- Excessive winds or lightening activity will cause the course to close.
- If your tour is cancelled due to weather by Amazing Zip Lines, we will attempt to contact you at the phone number you provided and reschedule your tour or refund your payment.
What is your refund policy?
- We operate rain or shine
- When we book your tour, we schedule guides and other support staff to facilitate your tour.
- However, if you need to cancel for other reasons, we would appreciate 24 hours notice. After that, there is a $20 per rider charge for canceling or not showing up for your scheduled tour time.
- Zip lining is an outdoor adventure activity. Therefore, tours will operate in hot, cold, windy, or rainy weather. However, Amazing Zip Lines may cancel tours due to severe weather conditions, such as extreme winds, heavy rain, and potential thunderstorms. If your tour has been cancelled by Amazing Zip Lines, we will attempt to contact you and rescheduled your tour for a later time.
Do I have to pre book and pay in Full?
- It is best to book in advance to guarantee your spot
- At this point, you do not have to pay in advance
- However, a credit card is required to hold the spot.
- However, we would appreciate 24 hours notice if you decide to cancel because we can then pass along the opening to other customers. After that time, there is a $20.00 fee per rider for canceling or not showing up for your scheduled tour time.
Should I tip the Zip Line guides?
- Tip are not expected, but graciously accepted. If you enjoyed your guides service, tips are a great way to express it. :)
- The guides work extremely hard to keep you entertained and safe throughout your 2 hour zip line experience.
- Just like any service industry, tips are not included in the price.
- However, if you enjoyed your Zip, feel free to Tip. :)
- Thank you so much!
How far in advance do I have to book?
- It is best to book a few days in advance. However, we will do our best to accomadate last minute bookings the day of, it is available.
- If you desire a specific time and grouping, then it is best to book in advance.
Do I need previous experience Zip Lining?
- No. We will teach you everything you need to know.
- However, you must be able to understand your guides directions and be physically able to execute the required manoeuvres.
How “physical” is it?
- You must be of average mobility and strength.
- You must be physically able to control the speed of your travel by touching the cable above your head with the leather gloves provided.
- The tour consists of 7 towers and you will be walking up a total of 300 stairs.
- Our oldest participant, is 90 years old!!! She did fantastic!
Can I bring a camera?
- Yes. You can bring your camera. It must have a long strap that allows you to tie it to your harness.
- Amazing Zip Lines is not responsible for any loss or damage of personal property.
What types of bathrooms are available?
- We have 5 outhouse washrooms with sinks for handwashing.
What time do we need to be there?
- You MUST arrive at least 10-15 minutes before the start of your tour.
How long does a tour take?
- The tour takes approximately 2 hours.
Is your course inspected?
- Yes, our course is inspected daily by our ACCT trained staff and annually by ACCT approved inspectors.
Is your staff certified?
- Yes, our staff must go through a 60 hour training course taught by approved ACCT trainers and pass both a written and practical test before they are certified.
- All lead guides will have their Standard CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- They must also practice their rescues and test out every 2 weeks
How did you come up with this idea?
- We love outdoor activities!
- We have Zip Lined in Costa Rica and Mexico many times and wanted to bring that adventure tour here to our property for others to enjoy.
- We bought this property back in 1998 and have had the vision for a zip line tour way back then. A Maze in Corn came to life first and will always be our foundation and philosophy for outdoor entertainment...it is all about having “good times with Friends and Family”!
- We are very excited to see our venue grow and develop into a well rounded outdoor entertainment venue!!